JAMAICAN CURRY FISH This delicious recipe is light, elegant and delicious.
This recipe serves 4.
- 4 6oz fillets of any white flaky fish ( I used Talapia)
- 3 bell peppers( yellow,red,orange( half of each pepper) julianned( thinly sliced)
- 1 whole medium white onion sliced
- 1 clove of fresh garlic chopped
- 2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 1tbsp of Jamaican Style Curry Powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- non stick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp of hot sauce (optional)
1.-Rinse and pat dry fillets season with half the amount of curry powder, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
2.Heat a saute pan add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and cooking spray to the pan. When your pan gets hot add onions and peppers and start to saute.
3.In a second saute pan add the remainder of oil and some cooking spray and add seasoned fish. Saute three minutes on the first side or until edges are crispy, then turn.
4. Add remainder of seasoning(salt,pepper,curry) to peppers and onions. Add chopped garlic, fresh thyme, lemon juice and hot sauce. Stir and continue to saute until tender.
5. Plate fish add pepper and onion saute on top of fish add a couple of sprigs of thyme for garnish and enjoy.
Tip1: You can substitute shrimp or sea scallops for fish.
Tip2: Great served on a bed of fresh spinach leaves
*Note* I use Jamaican style curry it's flavorful and not spicy like some Indian style curries are know to be.